Wednesday 8 April 2015

The Brother's Grimm Fairy Tales

Hello there! Last year I worked on a set of eight book covers to illustrate 'The Brother's Grimm Fairy Tales' for Miles Kelly publishers......And  here they are!!....All published. 

The fairy tales which I illustrated are: Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, The Frog Prince, Rapunzel, The Elves and the Shoemaker, Snow White, Hansel and Gretel and Sleeping Beauty. I used acrylic paint and pencil crayon on all of the covers. They are beautiful, and I am really happy with them. 

At the printing stage, glitter has been embossed over some of the details in my illustrations.
So very pretty and sparkly! :) The outer edges of the covers have been printed with a 'watercolour paper' type of texture.









I also illustrated a ribbon border which was used throughout the book covers to frame my illustrations. The ribbon border is also on the back of the books to frame the text on the back.



My ribbon border on the back of one of the books

And throughout the interior of the books, my illustrated borders were also used to frame the text.


Below shows how one of the illustrations develops from sketch to final piece.


The books can be purchased individually or as a set of eight books which come in a beautiful bag. I must add that the illustration on the bag was illustrated by Polona Kosec.

The full set of eight books can also be purchased individually


The books have a protective plastic bag



The set of eight books come presented in a bag

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Hermosa esta entrada,,llena de magia!!

Que tengas un lindo fín de semana llena de bendiciones
Con cariño Victoria

Louise A. Ellis said...

Hi Victoria,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my work.
Hope you have a lovely weekend too!

Best wishes,

Louise :)