Saturday 16 January 2016

The Little Mermaid

Good day to you! I have been very busy recently working for a few months on a lovely picture book for Miles Kelly publishers. I illustrated 'The Little Mermaid' (along with the cover). The book is part of their 'Princess Time' range. I had so much fun working on this beautiful book :) All of the artwork was painted in acrylics (for page 23 I used acrylic and collage).

Cover

Page 2-3

Page 4-5

Page 6-7

Page 8

Page 9

Page 10-11

Page 12-13

Page 14

Page 15

Page 16

Page 17

Page 18-19

Page 20

Page 21

Page 22

Page 23

Page 24

Here you can see how the sketch transformed into the complete artwork



I had a great time researching all of the sea creatures and sea life. Last summer I visited The Whitby Museum , they have a great exhibition of sea life and creatures. Here are some photos which I took for research.



A selection of beautiful coral
I also visited a lovely shopping arcade in Whitby which has plenty of seashells for sale!






No comments: